Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Headline:
Lapoint gets elected as SGA VP

Blurb:
In the wake of two previous resignations, Lapoint looks to re-gain student respect.

Story:

On Wednesday at the joint session, both House and Senate made the decision to elect Hayley Lapoint for the position of SGA Vice President.

The first choice was to be Kerrin Wilmarth, but after Wilmarth declined both the seat of Vice President and President, the position was given once again to Lapoint.

The decision was in no way unanimous, as made very vocal by SGA president Adam Lavigne. “I voted no,” was Lavignes response after being approached on the matter.

Lapoint has served as SGA senator and secretary for the past two years, and has said she would like to “ restore student confidence in the SGA”.


Internal Links:
* Considering new ways to inform the students
*Putting out a newsletter
*Posting information on bathroom walls
*Wants to inform LSC community of SGA activities.

External Links:
* www.lyndonstate.edu

1 comment:

danprof said...

Jessica Millhiser
2/11/07

Most Popular Car on Campus

Ford is the number one brand of vehicle on campus with 153 Fords in the lot. Chevy comes in second with 127 and Subaru comes in third with 105. There also seems to be a color trend in the lot as well, with red coming in number one with black and silver just about tying for second.

• Karen Murray, LSC senior, Subaru: “My parents bought it for me when I got my permit; they liked the fact that it had all-wheel drive. I love having all-wheel drive, it makes me feel safer.”

• Sarah Willey, junior, Subaru: “My first car was a Subaru so I wanted another one. I like that I haven’t had a lot of problems with it. I like the all-wheel drive, the style and how it looks.”

• Tom Hurd, junior, black Honda Civic: “I like that it’s black because I wanted to put some graphics on the side. Black is a very versatile color that way; you have a wide variety of options.”

• Michelle Robert, senior, silver Mazda: “I like the color but it gets dirty very quickly. I picked my car more for the SUV and silver is a color that I feel not too many people have.”